Do you want to wake up with perfect skin on your wedding day? I know from many years of photographing weddings, brides want to look absolutely fabulous on their wedding day and in their wedding photos. I reckon every bride I’ve photographed looks gorgeous for all sorts of reasons, especially as they are so happy and excited about the day ahead of them.
So what’s the secret to looking great and feeling fabulous on your wedding day? Planning your wedding so you minimise stress in the lead up to your wedding is a good start as is engaging an experienced professional makeup artist and hairdresser on your wedding day.
I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Julianne Davies from ageLOC for a couple of years now, she is someone able to offer authoritative advice and guidance on anti ageing and skin. I asked Julianne what helpful tips she’d recommend to brides planning their wedding. Here’s what Julianne suggests:
If you really want to get your skin in top form, you’ll need to start a smart skincare routine about a year in advance. It’s okay if you don’t have that long before the wedding day, just adopt the following good skincare habits as soon as possible:
1. Follow a good skin care routine
- Investing in a high quality product (no supermarket brands) that contain active ingredients and are water based will help you look your best on your special day and every day after that!
- In the mornings and at night, use a gentle cleanser that will properly cleanse your skin without drying it out.
- At night, use a nourishing eye make-up remover along with cleanser.
- Use a moisturiser daily morning and night- your skin needs nourishment just like your body does! A hydrating serum that contains nutrient rich ingredients will add moisture, boost collagen, and give you that bridal glow.
- Use a quality, gentle exfoliant or mud mask to help shed dull, dead skin at least twice a week to keep the skin fresh and smooth.
2. Maintain healthy eating habits
- Since all of our habits reflect on our skin, making healthy food choices will only help our complexion look and feel healthier.
- Avoid junk food, processed foods, and foods high in calories.
- One week prior to your wedding add 4 servings a day of leafy green vegetables and low-sugar fruits, such as: pears, spinach, celery, cucumbers, avocados and tomatoes. This will help your skin look radiant.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses daily to help clear up blemishes and make your skin more luminous. Fill up water bottles and put them by your desk, in your car or wherever you spend your time to make the drinking easier.
- While you’re increasing your water consumption, it’s a great time to be decreasing your caffeine consumption. Not only will less caffeine help your skin, it will also help you feel less stressed out! Replace caffeinated drinks with green tea, herbal teas and coconut water (it’s full of electrolytes).
- Take your vitamin supplements to ensure you are ingesting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
- Get proper sleep, 7-8 hours. Your body and your skin will thank you! Try to go to bed and get up at the same time, to get optimal sleep patterns.
- The more you sleep, the more your skin will rejuvenate itself and regulate stress hormones that age the skin.
4. Reduce Stress
- Include yoga, exercise, and other physical activities as part of your health regimen.
- Try to smile and laugh a lot!
5. Pre Wedding Beauty Regime
This is a great time to consult a professional skin care expert and discuss your skin-care goals and bridal beauty plan. Just as dieting and exercising yields best results for weight loss, using the appropriate skincare products together with the right skin treatments will yield the best results for your skin and help avoid last minute breakouts or dull lack lustre skin on the day.
Julianne, thanks so much for sharing so many valuable tips for great skin on your wedding day. If having great skin on your wedding day is something you’d like, Julianne is delighted to offer brides a complimentary demonstration of the ageLOC products she recommends. Simply contact Julianne to secure your free trial.